Unfortunately, almost all of us have either been there or been with your group and had it happen to you. You know it's 2:15 am and the festival or show that you are at is in full force. You may or may not have had a few adult beverages and you are jumping up and down going nuts. Then it happens. You go to take your phone out to check a text and you drop the phone and crack, it's broke, or bam in a puddle, or “oh, shit I lost my phone”. Well, a phone company named Doogee has just helped me, and possibly a lot of festival-goers out with their very affordable, near-indestructible cell phone that you should be using for the weekend instead of your 1,200 dollar iPhone.
The S40 has been designed using best in class materials allowing it to survive all kinds of tests and for the most adventurous users. This includes being dropped 20,000 times on six sides in a micro drop test and from 1.21 meters from 26 different angles. Additionally, the S40 can survive up to four hours at 60°C and 24 hours at -30°C as well as being 99 percent dustproof, IP69K, high water pressure protected (100 bar high water pressure, 80°C) and waterproof (IP68) up to 1.5 meters.
The S40 is no slouch in performance terms either. The device is driven by a power-efficient quad-core CPU, MT6739 and runs at lightning speed with worry-free multitasking performance. It also features a huge 4650mAh capacity battery with AI power allocation allowing the phone to last up to 21 days in standby mode, 105 hours whilst web browsing and 33 hours on calls.
Using the latest Android™ 9.0 Pie, the S40 is smarter and faster with an AI system that analyses the app usage frequency to optimize battery power allocation and predict the users next action to ensure the battery lasts as long as possible.
The S40 has also been designed to look good with an outstanding 5.5’’ IPS screen and slimmer and smoother Gorilla® glass, delivering an extraordinary immersive vision feast. The phone boasts 8+5MP rear cameras with LED Flash, 80° wide-angle, Beauty, Bokeh, Mono, Night and Professional shooting functions ensuring photos are of fantastic quality. The security options include fingerprint unlocking and face recognition that work in unison whilst the built-in near field communication (NFC) feature allows users to lead a smart lifestyle with payment, ticketing, data transfer, and information reading.
As well as being one of the toughest phones on the market, the S40 further enhances its outdoor credentials with three pinpoint GPS navigation systems included allowing for extremely accurate positioning if the user is ever away from civilization.
- CPU – Quad-Core 1.3GHz ARM Cortex-A53 CPU Clock
- Chipset – MediaTek MT6739, 64-bit Processor
- GPU – PowerVR GE8100, 570 MHz
- Camera – 8MP+5MP with Dual-LED and AF Dual Rear Camera | 8MP Front camera
- Memory – RAM- 2GB LPDDR3, 667MHz | ROM 16GB External Memory Support up to 128GB
- Display – Screen size 5.5 inches IPS, HD+ (1440 x 720 Pixels)
- Battery – Non-Removable 4650 mAh Lithium-Polymer
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano + Nano), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Compass, Fingerprint Scanner, Gyroscope
- Color – Black, Green, Orange
- Operating System – Android 9.0 Pie
- I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, 1x Nano SIM Card Slot, microSD/TF Card Slot, Micro USB Port, 3.5mm Audio Out Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker